Sunday 4 March 2012

How have you combined the "Same, but different" (N.Lacey 199) and the "familiar, and the unexpected" (G.Burton 2000) in your final piece?

As I was researching ideas and inspirations for my music video, I wanted to use features, and take aspects from previous music videos, that would help to keep my video simplistic. The best way to do this was by using the music video structure of performance, my video was not the performance, nor will it certainly be the last. This is example of following Lacey's theory of "Same, but different". Also, with my front cover of the ancillary texts, I have used two silhouette's of a humans face, now, these have been used before with music videos, but you rarely see it is this format, for example, The Vaccines "If you wanna" music video uses a silhouette of the band playing. So this would be be where my work has followed Burton's theory.

1 comment: